Saving & Investing
Islamic Term Deposit
Based on the Mudarabah principle, the Islamic Term Deposit is a fully Shari'ah-compliant investment option.
|Low||R 1,000||30 days – 5 years|
This Shari'ah-compliant fixed deposit account offers a competitive return that will vary according to the investment period that you select (30 days to 5 years). Based on the Mudarabah principle, the Islamic Term Deposit renders a profit share on a minimum opening deposit of R1 000 and with no hidden costs or monthly fees, it is an affordable investment product
Why do I need Islamic Term Deposit?
- Fully Shari'ah-compliant
- No hidden costs or monthly fees
- Pensioners qualify for an additional profit share for a balance between R50 000 and R200 000 if kept for 365 days
What’s in it for me?
- For individuals or businesses
- Minimum deposit of R1 000 to open the account
- Investment periods from 30 days to 5 years
- No deposit and admin fees
- Early withdrawals attract an administration fee
What do Islamic Term Deposit benefits include?
- Additional profit share may be offered for large investments
- Pensioners with balances over R50 000 and under R200 000 invested for 365 days and longer qualify for additional profit share
- You can have many Islamic Term Deposit accounts – you could open one each month in order to receive a monthly profit share payment
- When the investment matures, you can reinvest the Islamic Term Deposit using Absa Online
Frequently Asked Questions
|Which account does the profit get paid into on maturity?||The profit will be paid to the nominated account as per client’s instruction on day one when he opens the Islamic Term Deposit account.|
|The capital is not guaranteed for the Islamic Term deposit?||The capital on this investment is not guaranteed as required by Shari’ah. The investor and Absa Islamic banking enter into a partnership in which risks and rewards are shared. Absa Islamic Banking then uses the funds to invest in Shari’ah compliant investments. In this transaction the funds invested and profits generated can be determined with a certain degree of certainty.|
|Where can I get more information regarding Islamic banking products?||Absa has over 800 branches and approximately 100 direct sales agents to educate on the Absa Islamic Bank product offering. Visit your closest branch or call the contact centre at 0860 151 151 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org|