Saving & Investing
A personalised, debit card-based savings account for under 18s that gives you control over your money and lets you earn interest on what you save.
If you are younger than 18 years old, a MegaU account is a great way to take control of your money and to start enjoying the financial freedom that comes from managing it properly.
A MegaU account includes a debit-card that you can use at ATMs, branches and selected retail stores, and there are two cool card designs to choose from.
As well as allowing you to access your money 24/7, a MegaU account helps you to grow your funds by paying you interest on the money in your account and free cash deposits at Absa ATM's for amounts less then R500.
What are the advantages?
- Access to your money at any time and in a variety of ways through Cellphone Banking, Internet Banking and Telephone Banking
- Grow your money by earning interest on it
- A personalised debit-card (two designs to choose from)
- Free purchases at stores displaying the Visa or Maestro logos
- Make cash deposits, withdrawals, electronic fund transfers, account payments, prepaid top-ups and print mini statements at any Absa ATM
- Employers and family can give you money by paying it directly into your account
- Buy airtime from any ATM