Saving & Investing
Absa Life Global Diversifier
A single-premium offshore investment enabling you to invest across diverse international economic, political and legal environments, without needing to bring your investment back into the country
|None||GBP 6,000||5 years|
Would you like to diversify your investment portfolio with exposure to offshore assets and markets? Are you eager to create an international asset for future generations of your family or to provide an income for overseas family members? The Absa Life Global Diversifier provides off-shore investment opportunities through a variety of funds, while giving you the flexibility to take control of your own offshore assets, and alleviating the administrative burdens often associated with an offshore investment.
Through Absa Life Global Diversifier, you will enjoy exposure to wider, high-value market opportunities, together with the option to switch between performing funds at your discretion and according to your investment needs. After 5 years, you have the option to derive a regular income from your investment without needing to bring the money back into the country.
What are the advantages?
- Spreads your risks across multiple economic, legal and political environments, ensuring you are not overly exposed to the risks of one country
- The investment can be held between 2 people who combine their offshore investment allowance
- You can choose from a suite of funds across a range of fund managers, asset classes, market sectors and geographic regions
- Switch the underlying funds at any time, subject to certain limits
- Choose to invest and report in either Euro (€), GBP (£) or USD ($)
- You can select up to 5 beneficiaries to receive the proceeds; one of which can be nominated to take ownership of the policy should you pass on
- After 5 years, you can select to have a regular income paid to you from your policy
- Regardless of how many funds you have selected for your portfolio you’ll receive just one consolidated valuation statement every 6 months
- Specific funds offer protection of your investment in foreign equity markets, guarding against large falls in the marketplace
How to qualify:
- A minimum single premium of £6 000 or currency equivalent
- Tax clearance from the South African Revenue Service (SARS)