Homeowner's Comprehensive Insurance
Your home is often your most prized asset, but the work and dedication you’ve put into building it up could be undone in the event of an unfortunate accident. Fire, weather-damage and housebreaking can destroy your home and make it difficult to recuperate financially. If you have taken, or are thinking of taking a home loan through Absa, our Homeowner’s Comprehensive Insurance will help you swiftly recover from the most difficult of circumstances.
The Homeowner’s Comprehensive Insurance package protects both the physical structure of your home and any improvements you may have made to the property. This includes swimming pools, paving and satellite dishes. Our 24-hour home emergency service will provide you immediate assistance during a crisis.
Homeowner’s Comprehensive Insurance could be the right choice if you:
- Have, or are thinking of obtaining, a home loan from Absa
- Would like to ensure that one of your most costly investment is protected
- Want to ensure that both your home and its fixtures are covered
- Would like access to an assistance line in the event of an emergency
- Would like the convenience of your insurance premium being included within your monthly home loan repayment
- Would like the sum insured to escalate to minimise the effect of inflation
- The structure of your house, garage and other buildings on the property
- Permanent and fixed fittings in your home, such as sanitary fixtures, lights and cupboards
- Fixed carpets, tiles and wooden flooring
- Built-in fireplaces, braais etc.
- Non-movable fixtures
- Alternative accommodation after an insured event has occurred
- Concealed and unconcealed water-pipes
- Geyser maintenance on geyser components that have failed due to wear and tear, animals and vermin
- Fire, explosion, lightning, storm, flood and earthquake
- Subsidence and landslip
- Geysers and damage resulting from burst geysers, pipes etc.
- Collision by any road vehicle, falling trees or damage caused by the collapse of TV aerials, satellite dishes and masts
- Housebreaking or theft
- Loss of rent/rental value
- Hiring of guards to protect your property after an insured event has occurred
- Damage to gardens