Take Me Home
Take Me Home is a designated driver service that makes sure you and your car get home safely when you’re not able to drive.
As a Gold, Platinum or Spouse Value Bundle account holder, you have access to this service, which is offered by Europ Assistance South Africa.
How it works:
- The pick-up or drop-off point must be within the Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Port Elizabeth or George metropolitan area
- You simply get in touch with the contact centre -
- ABSA GOLD: 0861 888 805 if you are a Gold Value Bundle or Spouse Value Bundle account holder
- ABSA PLATINUM: 0861 777 120 if you are a Platinum Value Bundle or Spouse Value Bundle account holder
- You’ll specify a pick-up point and time and you’ll be contacted at the specified collection time
- You’ll have 15 minutes to meet the driver, otherwise the driver will leave and the call centre will let you know the trip was cancelled – terms apply
- You’ll be driven home in your own car
- The service includes:
- 6 (six) Take Me Home services per annum for Gold Value Bundle or Spouse Value Bundle Account holders
- 8 (eight) Take Me Home services per annum for Platinum Value Bundle or Spouse Value Bundle Account holders
- If you exceed this, you can still use the service, although the booking will be then facilitated through Europ Assistance South Africa
- To guarantee a booking you’ll need to book at least 48 hours in advance
- During off-peak times you can book 60 minutes in advance, although pick-up time could be up to 60 minutes from time of booking
- During peak periods, you can book 120 minutes in advance and pick-up time could be up to 120 minutes from time of booking
- The service is available you and up to two passengers, all collected from the same pick-up point and transported to the same drop-off point
- Peak times and off-peak times:
- Off-peak is from Sunday evening to Thursday morning. First pick-up is at 17:30 and last pick-up is at 03:0
- Peak is from Thursday evening to Sunday morning. First pick-up is at 17:30 and last pick-up is at 01:00.
- Peak times also include public holidays (the night before and on the day) and in some instances major public events that happen within the covered areas
- During peak times the confirmed pick-up time can’t be changed. During off-peak times we may be able to change the times, but we can only decide at the time.
- Any bookings cancelled less than 60 minutes before the agreed collection time will be billed at the full rate and deducted from your total covered incidents
- During peak periods the cancellation time will be extended to 90 minutes
- Range of service:
- 50 km is covered from point of pick up to point of drop off
- If you would like to travel further and capacity on the day allows it, you’ll be charged accordingly and payment terms will be facilitated by the designated service provider.
- Take Me Home is not a taxi service and can only transport you in your own vehicle. Please don’t pay the driver a gratuity.
- Please note that any services or benefits that you are entitled to and which are provided by third party suppliers, are used at your own risk. Absa will not be liable for any damage or losses occurring from the use of those services. You hereby indemnify Absa against any damage or losses resulting from the use of any benefits or services.