Take control of your money with this debit card-based transactional account for under 18s – it even lets you earn interest on what you save
- Valid ID or birth certificate
- Proof of residence
- Access and manage your money 24/7
- Buy airtime, check balances, and bank on your cellphone or the internet
- Earn interest
Tired of everyone always telling you what you can or cannot do? If you are younger than 18 this account is a great way to take control of your money. It gives you the financial freedom to decide how, when and where you want to spend or save your money.
With this debit card you can draw cash at all ATMs, get free Cellphone Banking, buy airtime, and pay for stuff at shops that accept debit cards.
You can even grow your money by getting paid interest on the cash that’s in your account. Plus, you get to choose your debit card from two funky designs.
Stop messing around with small change and get money-wise by arranging for your parents, friends, bosses and family members to put money directly into your MegaU account by using Internet, Telephone or Cellphone Banking or even the Cash Send option, you and they will never have to use cash or go to a branch again.
Not for you? Check out FuturePlan.
Did You Know?
- Easy 24-hour self-service access through Internet Banking, Telephone Banking and Cellphone Banking
- With the Mega U Youth account, you have the benefit of free debit card purchases, free airtime top-ups, free SMS and e-mail notifications, free Absa ATM balance enquiries and no monthly fee to deplete the balance in your account - youth clients who bank smartly can bank free of charge!
- Get an SMS or e-mail every time certain things happen within your accounts, such as:
- Scheduled transactions
- Returned transactions