Student Credit Card
A versatile student credit card that offers you convenience and the opportunity to start building a credit history
- Full-time, registered student
- Valid ID
- Proof of residence
- No monthly service fee
- No transaction fees on purchases
- Lost card protection
- Start building up a good credit history
Eager to buy stuff online and in stores? If you are a full-time, registered student a Student Credit Card offers you a convenient, secure way of making purchases and paying bills. It's also super affordable because there are no monthly service or purchase transaction fees.
Would you also like the reassurance of being able to cover unexpected costs and emergencies? We understand that your funds need to stretch from time to time, which is why our Student Credit Card offers up to 57 days interest-free credit too - helping you to manage your cash flow and budget.
A Student Credit Card is a great way of preparing for the future and building up a good credit history while studying, making it easier to get credit when you really need it: to buy a house or car.
Not for you? Find the right credit card.
A Student Credit Card could be the right choice if you:
- Are a full-time, registered student
- Have an income or allowance of R200 per month or more
- Would like the convenience of paying bills and making purchases online and in stores displaying the Visa logo
- Would like the reassurance of access to additional funds in an emergency
- Would like the convenience of being able to make larger purchases without having to carry a lot of cash around
- Are keen to start building up a good credit history and boost your future buying pow
- Up to 57 days interest free on qualifying purchases (excluding cash withdrawals, casino transactions, Internet Banking transfers, garage card fuel purchases and budget plan purchases). All outstanding balances must be paid by the due date
- No monthly service fee
- Flexibility to deposit additional funds into your Student Credit Card and pay no transaction fees on purchases
- Free monthly eStatements
- Free Lost Card Protection, which means that if your card is lost or stolen, you will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions that may occur on the card after you have reported the loss or theft. Once you have reported the card missing by contacting us, it is stopped immediately and you will be sent a new card. Please note that the Free Lost Card Protection does not cover the cost of replacing a card and a lost card administration fee will be charged to your account
- Interest on positive credit balances
- Accepted worldwide
- Automatic basic Travel Insurance whenever full international return travel tickets are purchased using your Absa Credit Card, with the option to purchase Top Up Cover
- Optional Credit Protection Plan covers a limited outstanding balance in the event of death or permanent total disability
- 24/7 access to Absa Online, Cellphone Banking and Telephone Banking.
- Secure online shopping with Verified by Visa or masterCard SecureCode
- Full ATM functionality, including easy cash withdrawals, deposits and transfers