Silver Credit Card
Recognising your future potential and success, we offer you a flexible, everyday credit card
- Valid ID
- Over 18 years old
- Proof of residence
- Reduced monthly service fee
- Optional garage card
- No transaction fees on purchases
- Optional 6 - 48 months to pay (budget facility)
Would you like the convenience of being able to pay for things without having to carry around cash? If you earn an income of R4 000 or more per month, a Silver Credit Card allows you to pay bills, make purchases online or over the telephone, as well as in stores. It also gives you the confidence of knowing you can cover unexpected expenses in an emergency.
Silver Credit Card can also cater for secondary cards and a garage card, enabling you to share the convenience with family members and extend it to include paying for petrol, oil, spares, repairs and tollgates.
You’ll get the flexibility of a single credit limit - to choose how you spend your available limit on either straight or budget. A budget facility offers you extended credit with 6-48 months to pay.
Not for you? Find the right credit card.
A Silver Credit Card could be the right choice if you:
- Earn an income of R4 000 or more per month
- Would like linked secondary cards to share the security and convenience with family members
- Would like the convenience of paying bills and making purchases online and over the telephone, as well as in stores
- Are keen to build up a good credit history and boost your future buying power
Did You Know?
- No transaction fees on certain purchases
- Up to 57 days interest free on qualifying purchases (excluding cash withdrawals, casino transactions, Internet Banking transfers, garage card fuel purchases and budget plan purchases). All outstanding balances must be paid by the due date
- Choice of either Visa or MasterCard
- Budget facility for purchases over R300 with extended credit that gives you 6 to 48 months to pay
- The flexibility of choosing to spend on either your revolving credit (straight) or extended credit (budget) facility - within one predetermined credit limit; as opposed to setting up the split when opening your credit card account.
- Full ATM functionality, including cash withdrawals
- Combi facility to link your credit card to your Absa Cheque or Savings Account
- Secondary cards to share the benefits of your Absa Credit Card with family members
- Garage Card can be used for petrol, oil, spares, repairs and tollgates
- Free monthly eStatements
- Free Lost Card Protection, which means that if your card is lost or stolen, you will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions that may occur on the card after you have reported the loss or theft. Once you have reported the card missing by contacting us, it is stopped immediately and you will be sent a new card. Please note that the Free Lost Card Protection does not cover the cost of replacing a card and a lost card administration fee will be charged to your account
- Automatic basic Travel Insurance whenever international return travel tickets are purchased using your Absa credit card, with the option to purchase Top Up Cover
- Optional Credit Protection Plan covers a limited outstanding balance in the event of death or permanent total disability. In the event of retrenchment, 10% of your outstanding balance will be paid out up to four (4) months.
- 24/7 access to Absa Internet Banking, Cellphone Banking and Telephone Banking.
- Enhanced security with Chip and PIN technology - just make sure you never give your credit card or PIN to anyone else
- Secure online shopping with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.