Affinity Credit Card
Enjoy the advantages of an Absa Silver or Gold Credit Card while showing allegiance to your favourite rugby team or university with an Affinity Credit Card
- Over 18 years old
- Valid ID
- Proof of residence
- Show allegiance to your favourite rugby team or university
- Linked garage and secondary cards
- Choice of either VISA or MasterCard
- Existing account with Absa not required
Would you like all of the advantages and convenience of an Absa Silver or Gold Credit Card and to be able to show allegiance to your favourite rugby team or university at the same time?
An Affinity Credit Card could be the the right choice if you:
- Earn an income of R4 000 or more per month
Did You Know?
- Up to 57 days interest free on qualifying purchases (excluding cash withdrawals, casino transactions, Internet Banking transfers, garage card fuel purchases and budget plan purchases). All outstanding balances must be paid by the due date.
- Budget facility for purchases over R300, with extended credit that gives you 6 to 48 months to pay
- Full ATM functionality, including cash withdrawals
- Combi facility so you can link your credit card to your Absa cheque or savings account
- Secondary cards to share the benefits of your Absa Credit Card with family members
- Free monthly eStatements
- Free Lost Card Protection, which means that if your card is lost or stolen, you will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions that may occur on the card after you have reported the loss or theft. Once you have reported the card missing by contacting us, it is stopped immediately and you will be sent a new card. Please note that the Free Lost Card Protection does not cover the cost of replacing a card and a lost card administration fee will be charged to your account
- Automatic basic Travel Insurance whenever international return travel tickets are purchased using your Absa Credit card, with the option to purchase Top Up Cover
- Optional Credit Protection Plan covers a limited outstanding balance in the event of death or permanent total disability. In the event of retrenchment, 10% of your outstanding balance will be paid out up to four (4) months
- The flexibility of choosing to spend on either your revolving credit (straight) or extended credit (budget) facility - within one predetermined credit limit; as opposed to setting up the split when opening your credit card account.
- 24/7 access to Absa Online, Cellphone Banking and Telephone Banking
- Enhanced security with Chip and PIN technology - just make sure you never give your credit card or PIN to anyone else
- Secure online shopping with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode