About Absa Sponsorships
There are thousands of very worthy initiatives to sponsor in South Africa but unfortunately, we cannot support them all. If you are considering approaching us with a sponsorship proposal, please bear the following in mind:
The criteria that we look at includes:
- Will the sponsorship support and uphold the brand objectives and values?
- How does the sponsorship provide commercial returns?
- Does it have a positive impact on different stakeholders (such as the community and our staff)?
We do not sponsor:
- Books or films
- Any projects with sexual content
- Groups and teams unless they provide mass market following on either a provincial or national level
- Backyard sponsorship properties that do not build the brand
- Investing in properties where the platform is shared with another financial services institution
- Once-off events that do not offer opportunities to interact with consumers
- Religious activities
- Pilot media shows
- The purchase of promotional items for teams
If you find that your sponsorship proposal meets all these criteria, please feel free to email it to us.
Your proposal should include:
- Company name and address
- Project name and description
- Project date
- Details of target demographic
- Where and when is the event
- How long will the project run for?
- Relevant market research
- List of confirmed sponsors past and future
- Media platforms
- Type of sponsorship sought - be it financial/monetary or other
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSI)
Please note that sponsorship initiatives differ from CSI initiatives. Absa Corporate Social Investment facilitates community investments on behalf of Absa Group in all the nine province of South Africa. CSI programmes target young people between the age of 10 and 35 with programmes that are guided by the following pillars:
- Enterprise Skills
- Life Skills
- Financial Skill
Absa CSI values the role of partnerships both within the Absa Group and external partners that implement programmes that are funded by CSI. Absa CSI provides technical and financial support to Non Profit Organisations who in turn implement programme activities that form part of the priority areas of the partner organisation and fall within the three CSI pillars.